Social media marketing is one of the best ways to elevate engagement and reach, and eventually increase conversions. Today, brands are investing millions of dollars in effective social media marketing.
The number of people using social media marketing all over the world completely justifies the investment.
Want to see the power of social media marketing? Just head on to the profile of your favorite brand’s social media profile and check out the marketing they have done. The number of likes and comments is enough to make you aware of the reach they acquire.
One important aspect of social media marketing is hashtags. You might have noticed a large number of hashtags below the crisp caption they post. Mind you, they are there for a solid reason.
So, what’s the purpose of these hashtags? Hashtags index your posts on social media. In other words, whenever a user searches the keyword matching your hashtag, your post will be displayed in the list of search results. Then, the catchiness of your post will be responsible to make him click the same.
Benefits of using a Hashtag
Before you know, how to devise a strategy for hashtags, it’s important to know the benefits of the hashtag. We list them below. Have a read.
- Nothing better than hashtags when it comes to increasing the reach of your content.
- Hashtags give your audience confidence about relevance which establishes a trust factor. This trust is widely important when we ponder over long-term traffic.
- The primary benefit of a hashtag is global reach. People from all over the world can see your brand.
Using Hashtags Effectively in Social Media Marketing
Check out the top ways to use hashtags effectively in social media marketing.
1. Analyze & Go with Trending Hashtags: Going with trending hashtags is the most effective way to achieve success and gain maximum reach.
The more your hashtags match the trend, the more are the chances of it getting the maximum reach, and thus the chances of you achieving success also elevates.
Going with the trend gives your audience a conversion about the values they will extract from your post. Remember, social media is a giant platform where millions of posts are made today. For your post to get noticed, it has to match trends.
And nothing better than getting those trends reflect in the hashtags of your post.
2. Never Use Irrelevant Hashtags: An obvious thing, but the most neglected one. In the lure of providing something extra, people use hashtags that are completely irrelevant. It eventually turns people off.
For instance, you can’t create a post on nature conservation and then use #DigitalMarketing. It is completely irrelevant and gives people a strong reason to suspect spam, even when it’s unintentional.
Your relevancy with the hashtags will be playing a decisive role in terms of getting people to trust you and like your post.
3. Research is Essential: Do you know like content writing; hashtag requires its own research too? No surprises here. When you are using hashtags, you need to analyze various factors; like the success of a specific hashtag, the number of posts created on a specific hashtag, etc.
Using any hashtag on a random basis implies pushing the reach far away from yourself. Don’t hesitate to give considerable time in doing the research for your hashtags. Remember, every social media post you make will draw an image of your brand in people’s minds.
4. Be Creative: Creativity invites people. Creativity is the reason why companies invest to hire highly creative copywriters and social media marketers.
Your creativity will invite people to read your entire post and ensure that they even follow your posts. See brands like Adidas, the way they use creativity is the major reason that their reach is global.
However, being creative by no means implies being complex. You can post some simple stuff and yet be extremely creative & compelling. To get some creative ideas for your posts, you can check some giants on social media. Analyze their posts and see if you can extract anything out of them.
5. Say No to Overuse: Agreed, hashtags are one of the most important parts of social media marketing. But overusing might work as a slow poison for your post.
Overusing might make people feel overwhelmed and eventually turn them off. Just think that whenever you see a post with a large number of hashtags on social media, do you ever engage with it? You might be tempted to answer yes, but you don’t. That’s what psychology is all about.
Overusing the hashtags means diluting your creativity. As mentioned, you need not be complex when it comes to creativity. Overuse of hashtags is one small trait of complexity. And it dilutes your creativity.
Hashtags might be your side-hero in your social media marketing campaign. The way you use them will play a decisive role in terms of making your social media post reach a large audience.
Want to know what’s the secret of several brands doing so well on social media? It’s analyze, plan, & execute. Social media marketing is much more than just posting and checking likes. From preparing a content calendar to actually posting stuff, it takes a large amount of toll.
As mentioned, hashtags are an integral part of social media marketing. Neglecting them might cost you your social media marketing campaign which can be a huge blow for your business.
Thus, it’s important that you don’t neglect social media marketing & hashtags at all. If you are looking for a reliable source to strategize your social media marketing & SEO, Pat’s Marketing, a Toronto SEO Agency is here to help sail you through. To connect with us, call us at 888-488-7287 (toll-free). Our experience and zeal to stay updated with trends will definitely help you to market your business with ease and the utmost efficiency.