Domain Authority can be termed as a SERP score given by Moz. You might be interested to know that there are numerous factors impacting the rank of your website. Domain Authority (DA) is one of them. Domain Authority or DA can be defined as a likely score of your website ranking on the Google search index. The DA of a website ranges from 1 to 100. The higher the DA is, the higher are chances of your website ranking.
How do I Increase DA of my website?
There are several ways by which you can increase the DA of your website. Have a look at them below.
- Keep your Off-Page SEO clean: This is the most important factor if you wish to achieve high DA. You can keep your Off-Page SEO clean by taking the bad links out of the equation and gaining high-quality backlinks with guest posting, profile creations, local listings like Yelp, Yellowpages, Hotfrog etc. Social Media marketing also plays an important role in boosting your Off-Page SEO campaign.
- Ensure Effective On-Page SEO: On-Page SEO is equally important for improving your website DA. To get a high DA for your website, it is important for you to follow effective On-Page SEO techniques. It includes using eye-catchy website headlines, inserting a high quality meta title & description, using appropriate images, using keywords naturally, and using internal and external links.
- Website Mobile-Friendliness: It is important to ensure proper optimization of your website. According to the reports, 3 billion people use mobile phones today. Thus, without any doubt, your website will be searched more on the mobile phone as compared to desktop.
So, it is important to keep your website optimized such that it gives a proper view in all, desktop, mobile phones, and tablets. Not having a mobile-friendly version of your website will degrade the DA score of your website.
- Technical Factors: Some technical factors of your website also create an impact on the DA score of your website. Some technical factors affecting your DA score include number of HTTP requests you make, creating and optimizing your xml sitemap, using HTTPS and not HTTP, breadcrumb menu, and robot.txt files.
- Improving Website Speed: Fast website not only improves your DA score but also boosts the user-friendliness of your website. The more your website is user-friendly, the more trust it invites. You can use various ways like removing unnecessary plugins, optimize multimedia effectively, minimize HTTPS requests, using a CDN, etc. to improve your website’s speed.
- Effective Social Media use: The number of likes, shares, and tweets your website gets matter when it comes to the DA score of your website. Keep in mind, social media is much more than just texting and scrolling. Social Media can be the best tool for you to make your website do wonders. Try to increase your Facebook followers and let them know about your website, increase your social media presence on every social media platform, and ensure social media buttons to make the content sharing easy. The more your content will be shared, the DA score of your website will increase steadily.
- Write Effective Content: We always believe, your content defines your business. The more effective your content is, the more are the chances of conversion. Write and publish effective, inviting, and fresh content. Also, keep on updating your content in a timely manner. It boosts the DA of your website to a great extent.
- Fix Broken URLs: Imagine, if you are a user and you get 404 – Page not found error on a site. You will get frustrated and most probably you won’t visit that site ever again. Same goes with your website. Ensure all URLs of your website are working and fix them if they are not. Remember, having a broken URL will severely degrade your DA.
- Give Relevant Links: If you feel you can give the user more clarity regarding a certain point, and if you have written an article regarding the same before, don’t hesitate to link to that article. Also, you can link the article to other relevant and authorized sources like Wikipedia to explain the meaning, or to give insights on a specific aspect. Linking defines the trustworthiness of your website to a great extent and thus increase the DA of your website.
- Play Wait Game: And finally, you need to be a bit patient. DA of a website doesn’t increase overnight at all. By no means, think of using techniques that are illegal for Google to increase DA in a noticeably short timeframe. Be a bit patient, be clean with your techniques, and get the long term results. Reach out to Pat’s Marketing, Toronto SEO Expert, to know more.
What’s a Good DA Score?
As said earlier, the DA score of a website range from 1 to 100. But, what is the good DA score for your website?
When you check the DA score of your website, the score displayed on your screen often gives you a sense of confusion. You often think if the DA score displayed good for my website? Do I need to put in more efforts?
Let us make it clear, for a website, a good DA score is never fixed. To decide if the DA score displayed is good enough, you need to analyze the DA score of your competitors. If in comparison you find the DA score of your website better than them, you are on the right track, and if not, you need to work a bit. To check DA of your website, and figure out if your website is doing great, you can use the Moz DA checker tool.
You might feel, Domain Authority is a complex process. But, once you understand the insights it will be easy for you to check the DA of your website and figure out the ways to increase the same.
And, you can get in touch with Pat’s Marketing, professional SEO Company Toronto, at 888-488-7287 (toll free) to increase the DA of your website with ease.